- Chairman: Alexander Nouak (research; affiliation: Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft)
- Deputy Chairman: Farzin Deravi (research; affiliation: University of Kent)
- Secretary General: Max Snijder (industry; affiliation: European Biometrics Group)/EAB spokesman
- Treasurer: Manus Fleskens (industry; affiliation: none)
- Board Member: Christoph Busch (research, affiliation: Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Board Member: Rasa Karbauskaite (government; affiliation: FRONTEX)
Max Snijder passed away on Friday, 27 April 2018. Max was an enthusiastic European and biometric expert.
Based on his operational experience (e.g. with the deployment of Biometrics at Schiphol) in early 2000, he was instrumental in establishing the European Biometrics community. After a career as entrepreneur in the not-for-profit sector Max became one of the pioneers of biometrics in the Netherlands. After several years of extensive experience with numerous biometric projects like Privium at Schiphol Airport, he founded the European Biometrics Group in 2004, a consulting firm focussing on biometrics technology and its application.
Max, like no one else, knew how to convince the European Commission of important and useful projects in the field of biometrics. BioTesting Europe or BEST Network are examples of this. Their steadiness was very important to him.
Max Snijder was one of the co-founders of the European Association for Biometrics and served in the Management Board as its secretary from its very beginning in November 2011.
He devoted his energy to the purpose of bringing together the fragmented knowledge and experience in the field of biometrics. In the last year the fight against a serious disease consumed all his energy - but he continued to work until very recently. We will mis Max very much. In deep mourning we will continue his work.
Alexander Nouak, Christoph Busch, Manus Fleskens, Farzin Deravi and Rasa Karbauskaite