Training and Education (TEC)
Responsible to the Management Board for the planning and implementation of the EAB's knowledge transfer activities
The mission of EAB-TEC is to support and promote skills, training and education in the field of biometrics and related identity technologies and services in Europe for the benefit of citizens and for the world. It aims to do this by providing a forum from amongst the members of the EAB with an interest in this mission and by establishing and engaging in activities that support it.
Terms of reference
- Providing strategic advice and support
- Overseeing the creation of capability to deliver the knowledge transfer strategy
- Recommending changes to the EAB's knowledge transfer strategic direction
- Supporting the development and enhancement of knowledge transfer activities
- Supporting the effective and efficient delivery of training and education activities
- Providing input during the creation of the overall EAB plan of activities, identifying requirements for new initiatives, and the adjustment or termination of activities
- Keeping under review the portfolio of knowledge transfer activities to ensure that they are continuing to meet user needs
- Managing relationships with stakeholders in the field of training and education
- Identifying and managing all key stakeholders
- Identifying key issues and creating an action plan to engage members and other stakeholders
- Liaising with other committees
Membership and governance
- All EAB members may apply for membership.
- Chair and members will be appointed by the EAB Management Board for an initial period of two years and can be reappointed for another period of two years.
- Non-committee members may be invited to participate in a meeting on an ad hoc basis in case their specific expertise is needed for that specific meeting.
Please see our List of courses that EAB supports actively.
If you want your lecture supported by EAB please send us all relevant information by submitting your course through our form. The submitted information will be evaluated by the TEC and published on our list after aproval.
Chairman of the TEC:
- Dr Farzin Deravi, University of Kent
- Prof. Christoph Busch, Gjøvik University College, Norway
- Max Snijder, European Biometrics Group
- Prof. Juliet Lodge, University of Leeds, UK
- Jean-Paul Lefevre, ARCHES, France
- Prof. Patrizio Campisi, University of Roma TRE, Italy
- Prof. Raul Sanchez-Reillo, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Dr. ir. Raymond Veldhuis, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Alexander Nouak, Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD, Germany
For further information you can contact: